Experiencing plumbing problems? Issues like clogged drains, leaking pipes or even standing water could mean that you’ve got pests hiding in your pipes. Yuck! Many pests like fruit flies, silverfish, gnats, cockroaches and drain flies find their way into your home or business through – you guessed it – your pipes. Thankfully, drain cleaning is an easy process that prevents these types of pests from turning your plumbing system into their personal party pad.
Here Are 5 Tips For Keeping Pests Out Of Your Drains:
- Regularly check drain seals – checking your drain seals is important for drain maintenance. Grout or sealant around the drains should be intact and in good condition.
- Ensure floor drains with grates or lids are cleared of debris – clean floor drains daily to allow for water to flow properly. Remove grates or lids frequently to clean and check for pests.
- Perform daily inspections on the ends of open pipes that feed into floor drains – make sure these pipes are clean and free of any material.
- Remove all food debris from drains on a daily basis – pests love drains that are clogged with food remains so make sure your drains that have food debris in them are cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Check that all sinks, showers, and utility drains are free-flowing – water should drain quickly and without bubbles or backups.
How Does It Work?
During a drain cleaning service, hot water is poured down each drain to loosen any hardened debris. Next, a drain brush is used to dislodge the now-softened debris. Lastly, a foamer is used to push foam from the mouth of the drain, through the P-trap and to the septic. This foam carries a septic-safe microbe that breaks down organic material stuck on drain pipe walls, and in every dark hidden area that your routine at-home cleaning session can’t get to. It also protects against future debris build-up.
How Often Should Drains Be Cleaned?
Madsen Pest Management recommends you have your drains professionally cleaned at least once per year. Even if you don’t notice your drains are clogged, it is a great preventative measure for clogs and pests in your home or business.
Madsen Pest Management offers drain cleaning services for both commercial and residential customers. Effective and efficient pest control is what Madsen Pest does best! Give us a call at (715) 791-4777. Our expert technicians are productive and thorough, allowing you to be pest free in a jiffy!
You’ve lovingly tended to your garden, carefully selecting the perfect plants and diligently watering and nurturing them. However, one day, as you admire your blooming flowers and flourishing vegetables, you notice a line of tiny intruders passing through your garden bed. You’ve got ants in your plants! Do these industrious little creatures pose a threat…
TIPS TO PREVENT WEBS & NESTS AROUND YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS Spiders, wasps and nests — oh my! These creepy crawlers and buzzing troublemakers always come in at the top of our most common and most unwanted pests list. But fear not because we’ve got the inside scoop on keeping those eight-legged web weavers and…
Ticks, ticks, they’re everywhere! Ticks are the uninvited guests of the warmer months, and they always seem to outstay their welcome. With their tiny size and ability to transmit diseases, ticks are more than a creepy pest – they’re downright dangerous. Unfortunately, this year is gearing up to be an extra heavy tick season, making…