Experiencing plumbing problems? Issues like clogged drains, leaking pipes or even standing water could mean that you’ve got pests hiding in your pipes. Madsen Pest Management offers drain cleaning services for both commercial and residential customers.
There are many types of unwanted pests that like to hang around in your kitchens and bathrooms. But, if you keep your drains, tubs and sinks properly cleaned, you can avoid most of them.
WHAT KIND OF BUGS COME UP DRAINS?
- Drain Flies – typically the most common pest found in a home drain flies resemble the common fruit gnat with moth like wings, and live and breed in your plumbing pipes. Drain flies feed on the decomposing debris living in your drains, so it’s best to get your drains cleaned before they can repopulate in your kitchen or bathroom.
- Phorid flies – Phorid flies are attracted to moist areas where they can find decaying organic material. They typically become an issue when your plumbing pipes crack and leak under a building.
- Silverfish – Another type of pest you may prefer not to share your bathroom with. Silverfish love moist, warm, dark places, so bathrooms make the perfect breeding ground for these guys. They can’t climb on smooth vertical surfaces, so they are often found around drains in sinks and bathtubs after climbing along the outside of your plumbing pipes in search of food.
- Fungus Gnats – Fungus gnats are another very common pest you’ll find living in and around your drains. Similar to drain flies, these pests thrive off the slimy debris and fungus that grows in your drains when they aren’t cleaned professionally. It’s more common to find fungus gnats living in your house plants, but a nasty drain system can make the perfect home for them too.
- Cockroaches – These dreaded pests can cause a lot of harm and damage in your home, and an infestation of them can be extremely difficult to get rid of. They typically only live on and around your plumbing pipes but can make their way inside once they find a crack.
Madness Pest Management recommends you have your drains professionally cleaned at least once per year. Even if you don’t notice your drains are clogged, it is a great preventative for clogs and pests in your home. Effective and efficient pest control is what Madsen Pest does best! Give us a call at (715) 791-4777. Our expert technicians are productive and thorough, allowing you to be pest free in a jiffy!
PESTS IN YOUR PIPES?
Experiencing plumbing problems? Issues like clogged drains, leaking pipes or even standing water could mean that you’ve got pests hiding in your pipes.…
Drain Cleaning to Avoid Unwanted Pests
Did you know Madsen Pest Management offers drain cleaning services for both commercial and residential customers? Drain cleaning is often thought of when…